We will be holding our AGM on the 7th of Feb 2017 at 8 pm in the upstairs room at The Royal in Pudsey. We’ll provide a rundown of what Leeds MAG has been up to over the past year and answer any questions that people might have. It’s been another busy year, with the West Yorkshire and Leeds transport consultations, the Halloween anti-social “rideout” and subsequent injunction, plus our own fundraising and social events.
All committee positions will be up for election if you feel like getting even more involved. Please bring your MAG membership card if you wish to vote. The positions available are:
- Rep – running and coordinating the group
- Vice rep – standing in for and supporting the rep when needed
- Treasurer – looking after the finances of the group
- MAP Liaison – attending the Yorkshire rallies meetings and reporting back
- Membership Secretary – encouraging new people to join MAG and the Leeds group in particular
- Web Master – look after the Leeds MAG website
- New Rider Rep – to encourage and facilitate the involvement of new riders in Leeds MAG
- Club Liaison – to liaise with local clubs in the Leeds and Bradford areas
- Political Officer – to attend meetings with the councils and keep abreast of local developments
- Press Officer – to keep in contact with the press and arrange press releases and interviews
- Communication Secretary – getting the emails out to you guys to keep members involved
- NEW ROLE – Event Promotion Secretary – to promote and share all Leeds MAG events on both social media, with MAG central office and in the press as a whole. It’s an important part of our success and it would be a great help if someone could do this.
As one of the most active local MAG groups we’ve achieved a lot and we always appreciate the support from our members. If you only come to one meeting this year, make it this one.